Why should you help?
- Because you believe Metro Denver area sprawl has
crept far enough (or too far, already) towards the
foothills and the mountain backdrop and foreground.
- Because you love the views of the unspoiled
mesas from your neighborhood, from the South, East,
West along Interstate 70, and the North along
Colorado State Highway 93 and 58th Avenue.
- Because you believe in preserving as Open Space
these magnificent natural monuments that provide
habitat for wild animals, birds and plants.
- Because you understand the threats from
irreversible development of shrinking green areas.
- Because you know that any development on the
mesas will bring with it noise, air, and light
pollution, along with increased traffic congestion.
- Because you know that time is running out to
preserve the table mountains for future generations.
- Because you know the Jefferson County Open Space
bond funds cannot buy all the worthwhile parcels
that are targeted for acquisition in this large
- Because North and South Table Mountains are one
of Colorado's Gateways to the Rockies and represent
this State's appreciation of its wild spaces, even
this close to one of our nation's larger
- Because you know the health benefits of wild
places within an urban environment.
- Because North Table Mountain has the last
remnants of short, prairie grasslands in the area.
- Because the table mountains are unique
geological formations and relatively untouched.
- Because you believe that urban sprawl for profit
needs to be replaced by smart growth and stewardship
of precious open spaces.
- Because you know that Colorado offers our nation
one of the last opportunities to preserve part of
our land as it was before it was taken over by
massive Western migration.